Contract of Sale of a Kitten
|Breed: Bengal||Color:||Sex:||Date of Birth:|
|Litter # or Registration #:|
|Telephone #:||Amount: $|
Purchaser agrees to the following:
1. Under no circumstances will this kitten or its progeny be sold, leased or given away, nor surrendered to an animal shelter. Should purchaser be unable or unwilling to keep said individual the seller is to be notified and given the option to have it returned, or approve the new placement.
2. This cat/kitten will be kept indoors and not be allowed to roam freely outside.
3. This cat/kitten purchased as a [pet/breeder/show]
4. If cat/kitten is found to be neglected or mistreated, purchaser will surrender said cat/kitten to seller unconditionally. Unnecessary surgeries, such as declawing and/or de-meowing will be considered mistreatment, unless seller gives specific written permission.
5. Seller will provide pedigree and registration papers within 30 days post purchase date.
6. A nonrefundable deposit of $[100/200] is required to hold the kitten. Balance due prior to shipping.
7. Other conditions of sale are as follows:
Any legal fees incurred in upholding this contract will be paid by the Purchaser. Venue is in the State of California and in the County of Alameda.
Purchaser has three working days to have Veterinarian examination and or blood tests on this cat/kitten for FeLV, FIV, should purchaser so desire. It is recommended that the new kitten be quarantined from all other cats during this time. If it is found to be medically deficient with an untreatable or life-threatening problem, it must be reported to the seller immediately. Upon its return, it will be replaced with another kitten of equal value or the purchase price will be refunded. If no replacement is available at that time, seller will have 6 months to furnish satisfactory replacement. There will be no refunds after the guarantee period has expired and/or if it has been exposed to another cat that has not been currently tested for FeLV, FIV and FIP. It is the responsibility of the buyer to provide immediate veterinary care to any cat/kitten showing signs of illness or distress and failure to do so will render any guarantee null and void. Under no circumstances is a kitten to be destroyed prior to notification by the buyer to the seller. If a cat/kitten dies within the guarantee period, despite medical treatment, compensation will be made ONLY if a veterinarian certifies the cause of death, and ONLY the purchase amount.
This kitten is guaranteed against congenital defects for one year. Should the cat die within that time as a direct result of a congenital defect, the cat will be replaced ONLY if an appropriate autopsy is performed by a licensed vet and a vet's certificate is provided as proof of cause of death. A replacement of a cat of comparable quality and value, as available; or a refund will be made at the discretion of the breeder. Should the cat die of a congenital defect during an unnecessary surgery where prior written permission has not been obtained, no refund or replacement will be made.
All vaccinations will be current at time of purchase and purchaser will be expected to provide further needed vaccinations. Vaccinations - see Health Record. This cat/kitten is being fed Pro Plan dry, and Hill's Science Diet wet food.
Purchaser's signature indicates full agreement to the above conditions.